From research done over the years, six new species that are new to science have been found in the Iwokrama Forest .
- Stilbella iwokramensis (Ascomycotina, Hypocreales) – a new entomopathogenic species (new beetle pathogen species distinguished from other fungi of the genus Stilbella.
- Carapa akuri – new tree species belonging to the family Meliaceae. Considered endemic to Central Guyana.
- Gonatodes timidus ‐ a new species of lizard.
- Microcaecilia iwokramae (Synonym Caecilita iwokramae) ‐ a new genus and species of
- Allobates amissibilis sp. Nov ‐ new species of frog
- A new species of broad‐nosed bat Platyrrhinus guianensis Saussure, 1860 (Chiroptera:
Phyllostomidae: Stenodermatinae) from the Guianan Shield is described based on molecular
and morphological data. (ENDEMIC TO THE GUIANA SHIELD)